What data do we collect?
Alovoa collects the following data:
- Personal identification information (Name, email address, birth date, etc.).
- Your location and preferences.
- Any interaction you have with another user.
How do we collect your data?
You directly provide Alovoa with most of the data we collect. We collect data and process data when you:
- Register online.
- Provide information in your profile area.
- Search for other users.
- Visit any page on the website.
- Interact with users on the platform.
- Voluntarily complete a customer survey or provide feedback.
How will we use your data?
Alovoa collects your data so that we can:
- Manage your account.
- Email you with important changes and news.
- Allow other users to find you.
Alovoa uses third-party APIs of these sites
- openstreetmap.org. Your general location is used to render map data when searching for users.
- meet.jit.si. No personal data is shared, but their service is used to enable video and audio communication between users.
- google.com and facebook.com. Your personal data stays safe in our local database, but these OAuth providers are able to indentify you each time you use their services.
How do we store your data?
Alovoa stores your data in a secure database.
Alovoa will keep your personal data for unlimited time. You can request to delete your data at all times.
Alovoa would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
The right to access– You have the right to request Alovoa for copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
The right to rectification– You have the right to request that Alovoa correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request Alovoa to complete the information you believe is incomplete.
The right to erasure– You have the right to request that Alovoa erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to restrict processing- You have the right to request that Alovoa restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to object to processing– You have the right to object to Alovoa – processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to data portability– You have the right to request that Alovoa transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please follow the instruction on how to contact us at the bottom of this page.
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behavior information. When you visit our websites, we may collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology
For further information, visit allaboutcookies.org.
- Keeping you signed in.
- Storing non-personal data.
What types of cookies do we use?
There are a number of different types of cookies, however, our website uses:
- Functionality – Alovoa uses these cookies so that we recognize you on our website and remember your previously selected preferences. These could include what language you prefer and location you are in.
- That's it. Unlike our competitors, we don't have any cookies that can track you.
How to manage cookies
You can set your browser not to accept cookies, and the above website tells you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases, some of our website features may not function as a result.
Privacy policies of other websites
How to contact us